[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Reliable InterRegistrar Data Transfer

Bhavin and Rick and Tim,

I agree with all of you.
Which is why we need a conversation and exchange of ideas on this.
One possible method is:
1) only admin and registrant email addrs are opened in XML format to
registrars
(and only registrars). A registrar must have a request
(not validated yet) to transfer a name to access the info
(a trust level is required here, but I think this is solvable too)
for that name.
2) once the gaining registrar has completed the registration, all
the other losing registrar whois is opened to the gaining registar for that
name only.
It is possible to do this over port 43 so another port is not required. For
example, registars would
be giving a password to present when accessing the data, if the password is
presented,
the data is outputed in XML format, if not, the data is as it is today
(or as Tim says, no information is outputted to the public).

Or some other idea, since
I agree with Rick... we *can* figure it out to benfit us all and reduce the
miss-use.

Paul