[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Reliable InterRegistrar Data Transfer

Extrapolating from Rick's suggestions .... The closest and the best
possibility I can think is -

To each Losing Registrar a Gaining Registrar can allow 'X' times the
number of queries per day as many transfer away requests were recvd to
that Registrar in maximum in a single day.

So for instance if Enom transferred 50 domains away from Directi as the
max number of transfer aways, then Directi may allow Enom 100 whois
requests.

> 1) only admin and registrant email addrs are opened in XML
> format to registrars

Which are more than enuf for building a spam database, passing the same
on to your resellers and having them spam the customers for
renewal/transfer.

> (and only registrars). A registrar must have a request
> (not validated yet) to transfer a name to access the info

A transfer request actually goes to the registry after the whois request
so there is no direct online verification mechanism. Nevertheless we can
write a script to monitor any registrar who is sending whois requests
for domains which then later have no transfer away requests, and
blacklist those registrars

> 2) once the gaining registrar has completed the registration,
> all the other losing registrar whois is opened to the gaining
> registar for that name only. It is possible to do this over

I did not understand this ..... ????

> Or some other idea, since
> I agree with Rick... we *can* figure it out to benfit us all
> and reduce the miss-use.

On another vein, the .biz and .info whois formats are anyways parseable
and standard for all domains. It is ironical how akin this is to a
manufacturer giving out publically the client contact list of his
dealers alongwith expiry dates of domains. Offcourse - I am only
cribbing ..... There is really not much that can be done here, and the
whois is to a certain degree an essential tool.

Personally however I have been offlate taking care to make sure my email
address does not appear in whois informaiton in too many domains. Past
experience with another email address shows that the amount of daily
spam I get is directly proportional to the number of domains that email
address is listed in :)

bhavin