[registrars]

RE: [registrars] EPP Discussion

I agree that participants have varying backgrounds, but I believe, Michael,
that you, as constituency president, should be commited to setting a certain
standard for discussions on this list.
It is simply fruitless when a list member engages in condemning on ambiguous
grounds, and we these discussions blossom over and over again.

I would encourage Jim Archer and every other member of this list, to put
forward concerns as questions, rather than regular declarations. This would
allow for a dialogue between parties rather the common trench warfare.

As a sidenote, I might add that we shouldn't forget that one of the main
contributors to EPP is Scott Hollenbeck at Netsol/Verisign -- he is doing a
very admirable job.

Kindest regards,

Nikolaj Nyholm
Ascio Technologies/Speednames

http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/verisign/registry-agmt-appc-16apr01.htm

6. Migration to provreg standard

VeriSign Global Registry Services (VGRS) is committed to participating in
and supporting the work of the IETF's provreg working group. VeriSign
intends to migrate the current Shared Registration System to the new
standard if: (1) The IETF working group defines a protocol standard; (2) the
standard can be implemented in a way that minimizes disruption to customers;
and (3) the standard provides a solution for which the potential advantages
are reasonably justifiable when weighed against the costs that VGRS and its
registrar customers would incur in implementing the new standard.