[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Issues with Verisign Waiting List proposal

Rick,
I re-read my email and noticed that you sent it to Dan so I thought I should
respond further.

My comment was "The same can be said about registrars that use other
registrars tags during drop time."

Where do you read "third party that is not a registrar" in this. This is not
what is happening.

In order to fulfill orders for names, using another tag increases your
connections which increase your chance for the name. This also increases how
many check commands are issued against that one name.

The demand for the name has increased but not so much from a client base -
but from a registrar base. Because of a drop in connections the same client
is having to use more registrars to get those name. Pressure is added on the
registrar when certain names go for 5K to 20K. Would you not look for a
legitimate way to get those names?

David
IARegistry

**
** Are you implying that some registrars have passed their credentials to a
** third party that is not a registrar, and this third party is in
** fact using
** the registrars credentials to perform high volume, automated processes
** that apply to VGRS large numbers of RRP transactions, beyond what is
** reasonably necessary to register to modify domains names?
**
** If any registrar has knowledge of the above, or a similar
** situation please
** contact Dan Halloran <halloran@icann.org> privately.
**
** thanks,