[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Issues with Verisign Waiting List proposal

Bhavin,
Maybe my interpretation of a 3rd party using the connections is different
and Dan could elaborate.

I read the agreement as the registrar would have to relinquished their
control of the SRS. A 3rd party would have to develop an interface using the
RRP and run that software from the registered IP block that Verisign
recognizes. That is not the case that I was referring too.

Maybe Len, Cameron or Ron could clarify this can of worms, but I do not
interpret their process doing that. I look at what they are doing as being
the conductor and orchestrating the registrars for drop names. The
registrars use their own software, connections and know how to get names in
this market with a prioritized list provided by Snapnames. They may have
other requirements but since I don't use them I am not for sure of the
details.

David