[registrars]

Re: [registrars] URGENT Domain Deletion inquiry

Bhavin Turakhia wrote:

> We are not allowed to delete a domain name which has active child
> nameservers. however lets say a domain name gets registered for 1 year. then
> the customer creates child nameservers and uses those to register some other
> names. now when the name expires in one year it goes on auto-renew. as a
> registrar we send the delete command to get a refund for that name back.
> however sinceit has active child nameservers it does not allow us to delete
> the same, so we lose the $6 fee which we were charged on auto-renew.
>
> can you please clarify

Bhavin,

A workaround for this is to rename the
nameserver to a fictional name, and then
delete the domain name. The IP address if
any, would be linked to the new fictional name.

If the domain was "somename.com" with
a nameserver ns1.somename.com, you
could rename it ns1.somename.com.delete

Larry Erlich