[registrars]

[registrars] Supplies Needed

We have spoken with the relief coordinators for the NYC rescue effort and there is still an urgent need for certain specialized materiel.

This is what is required most:

-Heavy duty industrial respirators.  These requirea rebreather/non-paper (carbon based) filter.  These respirators should fit over the mouth and nose.  I believe a model that would be appropriate is the 3M 5000 Series Multi-Gas/Organic Vapor/P100 Respirator Assemblies.  The only requirement is that they screen out particulates.  Also, the AOSafety Flexi-Star Air Purifying Half Mask Respirator can also work.  This is also similar to the type of mask that would be used in a wood-working or metal shop.
-Large industrial gloves.  These are large rubber gloves that go up to the shoulder (past the elbow) and have molded rubber fingers.  Typically, you seen these worn by electricians.
-XXL Long Sleeve Shirts to keep the rescuers warm.  They have enough Large and XL Shirts.
-Fire retardant plastic booties to go over a workers existing boots or shoes.

This equipment does not need to be new, used is OK.

You can drop this off directly at P.S. 41 in Manhattan over the weekend which is on 11th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues.  This supply center is moving Monday morning and I don't know where they will be relocating to.  Alternatively, you can send these items directly to our offices:

Disaster Relief
c/o Register.com, Inc.
575 8th Avenue, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10018

It would be better, though, to call or email first to find out where to send the material directly, that way it would get into the rescuers' hands faster.

Contact:
relief@register.com or

Lisette Zarnowski, lzarnowski@register.com, 212-798-9165
Shonna Keogan, skeogan@register.com, 212-798-9149
Stephanie Marks, smarks@register.com, 212-798-9169
Richard Forman, rforman@register.com, 212-798-9154

If you have questions, feel free to contact me

Richard D. Forman
President & CEO
Register.com, Inc.
mailto:rforman@register.com