[registrars]

RE: [registrars] URGENT Domain Deletion inquiry

> A workaround for this is to rename the
> nameserver to a fictional name, and then
> delete the domain name. The IP address if
> any, would be linked to the new fictional name.
>
> If the domain was "somename.com" with
> a nameserver ns1.somename.com, you
> could rename it ns1.somename.com.delete

i sorta figured but coupla aspects are we allowed to use fictional names
like that ie ns1.some.com.delete (a tld that does not exist in the registry)
cuz from what i heard you can add glue records to the registry only for
com/net/org domains. other nameservers need to be registered with the
registry but do not have any ip addresses associated with them, because you
cannot register ns.abc.biz with the .com registry and provide an ip address
for it

probably a better solution would be to register a second level domain like
lamechildns.com and then whenever we come across something like this change
it to ns<somenumber>.lamechildns.com.

so in your abv example change ns1.somename.com to ns1.lamechildns.com and
then delete ns1.somename.com