[registrars]

[registrars] Minutes & Straw Poll

Attached please find the minutes from yesterday's teleconference. Listed
below is a straw poll that Chris from DomainPeople prepared. I think he did
a good job and therefore submit this ballot for the straw poll discussed
during the teleconference.

Mike

P.S. As mentioned today. I am suppose to be on vacation :-) and therefore
will have limited access to email over the next several days. So I may not
be as timely responding to people's email as usual.

1. Since gaining Registrar has obtained and retained proof of transfer
request, should the losing Registrar should only NAC the request if
explicitly requested by the Registrant.  Yes__ No__

2. Should a standardized transfer authorization template be required by all
Registrars to verify a transfer request? Yes__ No__

3. Should Registrars accept notarized hard copy transfer requests as proof
of authorization? Yes__ No__

4. Is the reconfirmation / autoNAKing process that a select few Registrars
currently enforce (i.e. requiring a Registrant to acknowledge a Registrar
transfer request for a second time) an acceptable and fair practice for the
Internet community in general?  Yes__ No__

Minutes-teleconference-13-June-2001.doc