[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Minutes & Straw Poll

Mike - thanks for working on this issue while on vacation.

What is the time frame for responding to the questions below?

The questions appear to be slanted in one direction.  But rather than fiddle
with these questions, please add the following questions to fully reflect
yesterday's conversation:

-- Do the registrars favor a longer transfer period? (if yes, we need to
approach the registry about this possibility)

-- If changes to the process of verifying a transfer request, including
template email with clear links and in several languages; a notice to the
requesting registrar; and a separate process for customers with a large
number of domain names were implemented, would the issue of end users not
responding to a verification notice be minimized and therefore not require a
change in the agreements?

-- Since there are concerns on the part of requesting registrars that some
losing registrars may not be allowing transfers to occur and concerns on the
part of losing registrars that registrants are getting slammed or some
requesting registrars are not getting the appropriate authorization from an
authorized representative, should the registrar constituency explore an
independent verification model?

Regards, Elana