[nc-udrp]

Re: [nc-udrp] RE: Summary of Responses 82-89

Hey Milt,
Great to hear from you again!  As I told you that
night at the Getty Museum when we were freezing to
death, and as I told Gerry Davis last week in San
Diego, CHANGE THE RULES, AND WE WILL FOLLOW THEM!  The
"arbitrators" don't care who wins; we just follow the
rules as we see them.  I am shocked that my little
report on my 8 questionnaire responses has caused such
a firestorm, but we little folks in the Republic of
Texas do have an impact: "Houston, Tranquility Base
here,the Eagle has landed"

Jim Carmody in warm Houston
--- Milton Mueller <mueller@syr.edu> wrote:
> I suspect that when Caroline referred to a
> "draft report" she meant a report summarizing
> the survey, not the committee report as a whole.
>
> Judge Carmody may have thought he was done,
> but she made it clear that we are not.
>
> We still have a long ways to go on that score,
> and unfortunately for us Caroline, who would
> never take peremptory or exclusionary action,
> won't be around to chair. (For that matter,
> neither will i.)
>
> On the topic of the survey, I have to confess
> that I am rather disappointed with the numbers,
> quite apart from the content. Whereas the WHOIS
> survey got thousands of responses, according to
> some prior reports, we have only 200 or so.
> I suspect that the length of the survey form
> was part of the problem, and ICANN's unwillingness
> for some time to put the survey on its home page.

=====
James A. Carmody, nn5o, carmody@lawyer.com
Voice Mail: 713 446 4234; eFax: 815 461 5321