[nc-udrp]

[nc-udrp] subcommittees?

The issue of subcommittees is best left to your new
chairs. In general, I would advise against them
but in view of my lame duck status my opinion can be
completely disregarded by the committee members.

The reason I don't like them is that
1. there might not be a record of the communications,
2. anything a subcommittee decides will have to be
vetted through the full task force anyway
3. with asynchronous communication, is not easy
to keep track of the official status of proposals
or drafts that come out of subcommittees, and I
suspect people would become confused.

However, we may at some point in the drafting
process agree to tell Task Force member X
to go off and write something by Y date so that
the group can throw darts at it collectively.

And we might decide that instead of just telling
TF member X to do it, X should work with Z and Q
too, and if those three can come to an agreement
the TF as a whole might receive the proposal with
a more favorable presumption than otherwise.

But until very specific tasks are to be assigned,
I would advise against any breakouts.

"quack"/limp
--MM