From: MSD@tzmm.com [mailto:MSD@tzmm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 4:01 PM
To: Jeff.Neuman@neustar.us; jse@adamspat.com; froomkin@law.miami.edu
Cc: CCHICOINE@thompsoncoburn.com; carmody@lawyer.com; nc-udrp@dnso.org
Subject: RE: [nc-udrp] RE: Summary of Responses 82-89

	My comments were not intended to be ad hominem.  However, I must
confess my frustrations.  We all were selected because of some special
knowledge or expertise.  Other than mass commentary on the questionnaire
format, we have had little opportunity to sharee that knowledge or
expertise, or to learn from one another in this process.  I believe that
this process needs some structure.  In the interests of time, I propose that
we establish the following subcommittees to come up with recommendations on
specific areas that can then be sent to the committee as a whole to
determine specific final recommendations which would be submitted to the
DNSO:

	1.	Selection of Panelists to include methods by which the
panelists are selected and whether all panels should consist of three
members.
	2.	Pleadings to include possibility of amendments, recognition
of affirmative defenses, possibility of withdrawal of complaint and under
what conditions, and 		whether and under what conditions pleadings
should be made public.
	3.	Supplemental Rules to include suggested changes and possible
uniformity.
	4.	Effect of UDRP Panel decisions to include precedential value
on subsequent panel decisions and ability to refile case.
	5.	Appeal to include if recommended, what format, and how
funded.
	6.	Panel disqualification to include individual panelists if
represent parties in domain name proceedings under UDRP, or same if in
court, or if panelist's law firm 		represents parties in domain
name proceedings under UDRP, or same if in court.
	7.	Reverse Domain Name Hijacking to include adequately dealt
with or does it require change
	8.	Any Changes Re Proof Issues to include identical or
confusing similarity, bad faith registration and/or use, effect of pending
trademark application.

	We could each list our three top choices in order of preference and
assignments would be made with the order of preference in mind.  I hereby
volunteer to facilitate this process, by receiving indviduals' preferences
or however I can assist in making this work.
	I welcome any suggestions for additions or modifications to the
above list.

Best regards.

M. Scott Donahey
Tomlinson Zisko Morosoli & Maser LLP
200 Page Mill Rd.
Palo Alto, CA  94306
Phone:  (650) 325-8666
Fax:      (650) 324-1808
msd@tzmm.com
www.tzmm.com

		"This email message is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original message."