[nc-transfer]

[nc-transfer] Re: [ga] Domain Transfers

> If you think that I'm satisfied, you'd be wrong. My view is that anything
> less than a complete detox would be as noticable as a fart in a hurricane.
> In fact, it might be worse. It will disturb the lake bottom and you will
> find toxins that many have forgotten about. Real winners.
>
> What the registry needs is a complete data-scrub and migration to a
> completely new system, with no legacy code transfer, done by real
> professionals, familiar with carrier-scale information systems, practices,
> and procedures. Anything short of that makes me more than a mite nervous.

This is why policy (not just transfers) that favors competition is so
important. Verisign might actually take this suggestion seriously now that
there are some notCom contenders out there (Neulevel, Afilias etc.) Based on
some of the indications that I perceived at their recent partners
conference, I would have to say that they are definitely thinking in a more
competitive manner.

-rwr