[nc-str]

Re: [nc-str] Draft report on ALSC v3

Philip and David,

Excellent point to look on numbers.

Let me add some numbers about the DNSO GA voters participation
(all numbers taken from documents published on the DNSO website).

There are no financial, or related to domain name, constraints
to participate in the DNSO GA, anybody with and e-mail address
can subscribe to the GA lists and to the Voting Registry.
Of course there are other huge difficulties to participants,
including those inherent to subject and language.

The DNSO GA votes are by e-mail (for various reasons),
the advantage to voters is that it takes no time to vote,
the burden is on the Secretariat side.

Today there is 445 members in the GA Voting Registry
(and more than double of that - 944 - on various GA lists).

The numbers for all 9 votes of the GA, between end June 2000
and end October 2001 (16 months) are:

Ballot Electorate    Voters   Participation
b01        117         61        52%
b02        252         56        22%
b03        295         67        23%
b04        293        102        35%
b05        305         91        30%
b06        326         81        25%
b07        333         73        22%
b08        440         89        20%
b09        447        128        29%

For those 9 votes the total 748 ballots were received,
sent by 268 different persons.

We will have numbers for b10 and b11 shortly.

I quote below the 9 subjects on which GA had to vote, excerpt from
"Administration Documents of the General Assembly of the DNSO"
at http://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html.

Kind regards,
Elisabeth
--
General Assembly Votes:

   * b01:26 June 2000, Voting startup for the General Assembly of the DNSO
     http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-voting-startup.html
   * b02: 6-17 November 2000, DNSO GA Vote for Rules of Order for the
   * b03: 16-23 March 2001, DNSO GA Vote for Election Rules
     http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2001.GA-chair-election-vote.html
   * b04: 31 March - 7 April 2001, DNSO GA Ranking of Candidates for Chair
     and Alternate Chair in 2001
     http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2001.GA-chair-election-ranking.html
   * b05: 21-28 May 2001, DNSO GA Vote on 2 motions, "Individuals'
     Constituency" and "to fund the DNSO and all other ICANN Supporting
     Organizations"
     http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2001.GA-2motions-IndConstituency-DNSOfund-vo
te.html
   * b06: 24 Jun - 11 Jul 2001, DNSO GA election to designate its
     representative to the Names Council Review Task Force
     http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2001.GA-ReviewTF-vote.html, Roberto
     Gaetano is elected.
   * b07: 5-25 Jul 2001, DNSO GA election to designate its representative to
     the Names Council UDRP Task Force
     http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2001.GA-UdrpTF-vote.html, Dan Steinberg
     is elected.
   * b08: 17-31 Aug 2001, DNSO GA election to designate its representative
     to two Names Council Task Forces: IDN and dot org
     http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2001.DNSO-GA-IDN-dotorgTF.html
   * b09: 22-29 Oct 2001, DNSO GA Vote on Motion on DNSO reorganisation
     http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2001.GA-DNSO-Motion-Reorg-vote.html