DNSO GENERAL ASSEMBLY
22 October 2001
30 October 2001
Vote on motion for the DNSO/GA Reorganisation
Whereas members of the General Assembly have repeatedly expressed their concern that the DNSO as currently constituted is not sufficiently representative
Whereas problems outlined by the DNSO Review have not been remedied internally, and efforts undertaken by the Names Council have failed to sufficiently address these concerns
It is therefore
RESOLVED that the ICANN Board be advised that:
1. Members of the General Assembly believe that the DNSO dysfunctionality requires direct ICANN Board intervention.
2. The General Assembly seeks to establish a representative balance by being placed on equal footing with the current DNSO Names Council and creating a bicameral DNSO.
3. The General Assembly seeks initial budgetary/Secretariat support for the DNSO/GA to perform its functions.
4. The General Assembly will work with ICANN to develop an appropiate funding model to support its activities.
5. The General Assembly seeks representation on the ICANN Board (to be filled by a representative voting the recorded consensus of the DNSO/GA)
6. The General Assemnly seeks to have both an Advocate and a Consensus Leader, both elected positions of the DNSO/GA with budgetary control and responsibility for all DNSO/GA staff.
7. The General Assembly re-affirms the GA's commitment to the DNSO as originally envisaged as a place for cross-constituency dialogue and consensus building, and requests the Board to fulfil its obligation to facilitate the entry of thus far unrepresentated constituencies.
Basic outline of the voting on the motion for the DNSO/GA Reorganisation
Electorate and Voting Registry
Voting Rules used by the DNSO General Assembly
Time for the vote
Recults calculated and published on 30 October 2001, 17:00 UTC (18:00 Paris).
Number of ballots sent: 447
Number of ballots received: 128 (28.6%)
The motions is adopted.
The full record is in http://www.dnso.org/secretariat/b09fullrecord.html
||© DNSO GA's Chair