<< Subj:     Re: [ga] nominations
 Date:  99-09-19 23:38:20 EDT
 From:  baptista@pccf.net (J. Baptista)
 To:    Dnsipv6@aol.com
 CC:    ga@dnso.org

 David (Dude?):

 You have my attention.  Where do I go to find out more.  Yes, I think they
 are incorporated in California as a not for profit.  I'm sure their legals
 looked after any disclosure issues.  But if you think there's a legal way
 under California law to proceed, I'll check it out.

 Thanks
 Joe

 On Sun, 19 Sep 1999 Dnsipv6@aol.com wrote:

 > Joe and everyone else,
 >
 >   Isn't ICANN incorporeated in the state of California?  If that is
 > so, then they are at least accountable to the people of california.

 > << Subj:     Re: [ga] nominations
 >  Date:  99-09-19 22:25:27 EDT
 >  From:  baptista@pccf.net (J. Baptista)
 >  Sender:    owner-ga@dnso.org
 >  To:    fanego@pccf.net (Sr. Francisco Fanego)
 >  CC:    randy@psg.com (Randy Bush), ga@dnso.org
 >
 >  Is ICANN accountable to me and the internet community - or is it
 >  accountable to the doc?  If it's accountable to me and the internet
 >  community, I want to see that accountability in the form of a financial
 >  statement.
 >
 >  If ICANN is accountable and run by the DOC, then I have a right to access
 >  that information via an FOI request.  It damed if you do and damed if you
 >  don't either way. >>
 >
 > David "Dude" Jenson

 David "Dude" Jenson