ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

RE: [ga] WHOIS accuracy, and name deletions

Hello,

--- Rodrigo  Orenday Serrato <rorenday@banxico.org.mx> wrote:
> 15 days seems more than fair a period prior deletion.
>
> I don't know how it is elsewhere, but in Mexico one has 9 working
> days to
> reply to a law suit, period after which you would find yourself in
> default

The big difference, though, is that the clock begins in real court once
you are *served* the legal process. Process servers often try multiple
times to reach a defendant. An email sitting on a server somewhere that
hasn't been read doesn't constitutive being served in any jurisdiction
I know of. Can you *prove* that a standard email notification was
actually read??

15 days after being *served* notice of a WHOIS deficiency is fine by
me, but we need to properly define when that period begins. It's *not*
when the email is sent, but when it is actually received and read by
the recipient (or other methods of serving notice).

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/