Re: [ga] Internationalized Domain Names deployed

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 11:34:00PM +0200,
 Marc Schneiders <marc@fuchsia.bijt.net> wrote
 a message of 28 lines which said:

> Similarly French 'la' and the same with accent grave (`) have totally
> different meanings ('the' and 'there').

True, but to get into such issues is too difficult. We accept names
that are not in any dictionary. So, we cannot use the grammar to
decide on similarities. Following Paul Hoffman's Internet-Draft about
IDN policices, we will use an automatic table, even if its output is
not always legal French (so, "la", "là" and "lâ" - the latter being
non-existant - will automatically be reserved to the registrant of
"la").