Re: [ga] Re: Even Handed Application of The Rules (Yes or No? - Weshall see) (was Re: [ga] Posting rights of Jeff Williams suspended for14 days).

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> It may be interesting also to read the attached Internet-Draft which
> is proposed ...

I am opposed to any formalized censorship.  I prefer personal ostracism
- that turns it into an individual choice and not something imposed by
"the establishment".

In the kind of warm discussion that arises out of social and political
matters (as opposed to the calmer, less emotional discussions that occur
in the ietf regarding technical matters)  it is to be expected that a few
feelings will be hurt.

I'd rather spend a few moments hitting the "d" key than risk censoring
someone who may be attempting to make a point but who may lack the skills
to do so without offending everyone.

Censorship is not foreign to ICANN - ICANN has tried to censor me, for
example, by refusing to publish any of my papers on its web site, despite
the fact that they do so on a routine basis for other directors and
"staff" and despite my repeated requests.  ICANN's webmaster has been
utterly unresponsive.

		--karl--