Re: [ga] Supporting Organization

On 21:12 07/05/03, DannyYounger@cs.com said:
>Dear ALAC members,
>I am sure that users world-wide are delighted to hear that "the Interim At
>Large Advisory Committee supports the idea of a Country Code Names Supporting
>Organization".
>Would it trouble you too much to declare that "the Interim At Large Advisory
>Committee supports the idea of an At-Large Supporting Organization"   ... or,
>in your view, don't we warrant having a Supporting Organization as do these
>other special interest groups?

You mean you want them to move from ALAC to ALAS?

Not much difference in dictionary:
- alac(k): American Heritage: used to express sorrow, regret, or alarm:
   Webster: an exclamation expressive of sorrow (archaic - ie. fits ICANN)
- alas: Webster: an exclamation expressive of sorrow, pity, or apprehension
of evil.
   old writers could say "alas the day", "alas the white", "alas ICANN" ...
   WordNet, Pinceton: by bad luck. syn: unforntunately, unlucklily,
regrettably.