Re: The telephone network and the internet (RE: [ga] ALAC comment s on proposed Bylaws modifications)

John and all former DNSO GA members or other interested parties,

John Berryhill Ph.D. J.D. wrote:

> > at cost. For downloading _official_ electronic texts from a UN
> > organization there should be no charge. Unless there are reasons why it is
> > good that as little people as possible actually read the texts. Could be.
>
> All parties to this discussion need to read Carl Malamud's book on his
> odyssey to try to publish ITU recommendations on the internet.

  Yes, I read it!  And "Odyssey" is exactly what it was too!

> Do you remember when WIPO was suggesting that all International
> Non-Proprietary Pharmaceutical Names (maintained in a list by WHO) be subject
> to protection in domain name space?  I challenge you to find a list of them.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801