Re: [ga] The Vixie Root

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 02:06:18PM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer took time to write:
> > A similar announcement last month, that there will be a copy in Spain
> > of f.root also, went unnoticed, I think.
> > I am very curious what ICANN thinks about this and how the DoC feels.
>
> I completely share Karl Auerbach's analysis about this issue: ICANN claims to
> be concerned about the stability of the Internet while it shows a complete lack
> of interest for any operational issue

Seems interesting to me to blame ICANN *when* it act and _also_
*when* it does not....
It may well be possible that ICANN contacted RSOs involved, how could
you now ?

And to set the record straight I do agree almost entirely with Karl.
However I trust the RSO to know what they are doing, and the fact
they do not need ICANN to know what to do, even when taking into
account such high desires as ``Internet stability''.

> (and, when it does, it produces texts like <URL:http://www.iana.org/faqs/tld-zone-access-faq.htm> that are technically ridiculous).

... as were many arguments on *both* side during the relevant meeting
in Shanghaï last year...
(like saying that giving ICANN AXFR access would increase spams and
attacks...)

Patrick Mevzek.