[ga] The Vixie Root

There was little interest in November last, when ISC (Paul Vixie),
announced that they were going to run copies in Asia of the
f.root-servers.net, which they operate.

A similar announcement last month, that there will be a copy in Spain
of f.root also, went unnoticed, I think.

Now we hear that there will be two copies more, in the US of A. One in New
York and one in LA.

A few more and they will have their own 13. Somehow this feels quite safe.

I am very curious what ICANN thinks about this and how the DoC feels.
More so since neither of them is mentioned in the press releases of
November, January and yesterday. Do they actually know about it?

Could this be related to the reports that ICANN was to deliver at the end
of last year about the root-servers, about which absolute silence governs
from the Marina del Rey headquarters?

Who has the answers? Why are they not speaking up?