RE: [ga] Esther Dyson..... - a modest clarification

At 02:01 a.m. 11/02/2003, Esther Dyson wrote:
>yes... but input in person carries a lot more weight than input through
>postings.  I believe having a physical presence will make a difference.

Speaking at 6 meetings (Singapore, Berlin, Santiago, Yokohama, Melbourne
and Montevideo) at around $15.000 in cost has still accounted for very
little difference as far as the cause of the Individuals' representation is
concerned.

>Now the challenge is funding to get the people there!

That is another challenge altogether. Selective funding to "approved"
speakers  risks making the process into a charade.
Will qualified critics who find themselves consistently rejected trust the
impartiality of, say, Markle?

>  I.e. the ICANNwatch phrase "meaningless input" is precisely orthogonal
> (and also contrary) to what I meant:  "influential input," delivered in person.

Can't say it hasn't been tried.

-joop-