RE: [ga] whois.txt, ala robots.txt, as a standard ?

Dear Leah,
who in their right mind would want to rule anything about others without a
proper mandate? If George wants to permit people to understand each others
when they publish GPS data, OK with me. But when ICANN wants to oblige them
not too or to publish their tel. nr. I disagree because I never voted for
that and no one I voted for/against never directly or indirectly (by
agreement, contract or mandate) granted them that right. jfc