Re: [ga] Re: BC delegates

Mike and all former DNSO GA members,

  As I recall, the SBA while you were at the helm of ICANN as it's
CEO, did not find your leadership very appealing nor considerate
of small business interests in the Internet and ecommerce.

  Hence it strikes me now, as it did than Mike, that such comments
or postulations as to your qualifications are less than adequate
to say the least.

  Your "Selection" is a travesty. I would bet beans to dollars that
if these positions were elected positions by the stakeholders
you would not be elected.

Mike Roberts wrote:

> Thanks for your note.
>
> I've been a principal with The Darwin Group, a California small
> business corporation, for fifteen years.  I've worked extensively in
> Washington on technology policy matters for higher education, which
> on many occasions has involved small business interests and concerns.
>
> I have been an organizer and founder of half a dozen small non-profit
> corporations in the last twenty-five years.  I have served on a
> number of small corporation Boards, and I have worked for such Boards
> as well.
>
> I believe I am well qualified to bring a small business perspective
> to the Nominating Committee.
>
> As the Nominating Committee begins its work, I would welcome your
> further input.
>
> - Mike Roberts
>
> Michael M. Roberts
> Managing Director
> The Darwin Group, Inc.
> 339 La Cuesta Drive
> Portola Valley, CA 94028
>
> At 19:56 -0500 1/20/03, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
> >Dear Mike,
> >
> >I note from the Business Constituency website that you (along with Grant
> >Forsyth) are poised to be confirmed as a BC delegate to the ICANN nominating
> >committee.  As the BC is charged with the selection of both small and large
> >business users delegates, I would ask if you will be the individual
> >demonstrably reflecting the business interests and perspectives of the small
> >business community?   My assumption is that Grant will be representing the
> >Telco interests.  If that is indeed the case, might we know of your record as
> >an advocate for small business interests?  I would hate to think that you are
> >being given the nod solely due to your insider status in an effort to create
> >a self-perpetuating Board.
> >
> >All the best,
> >Danny Younger

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801