Re: [ga] The big picture. Democracy, transparancy legitamcy, themandatory fundementals.

On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 Ibelimited1@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Joop and fellow members
>
> You are both right and joop addressed the issues I wanted to raise in getting
> people to see and start thinking about.
>
> Democracy, transparency and legitimacy are all fundamental requirements to
> any successful engagement whether it is adopting a technical a standard, an
[SNIP]

[SNAP]
> Again, Democracy, transparency and legitimacy are the mandatory fundamentals.
> let us all start demanding them.

Well.........
The winner (of a war) makes the laws AND the history, and thereby (at least for
a certain time) has the legitimacy.
Dont forget that the word "Democracy" has a different meaning around the world,
even inside a geografic area like a country.
So please...
Let us *not* start discussions (on the list) on matters that are completely out
of our range.
Save them for your domistic arena.

> Warmest regards, and merry christmas and happy new year to all
>
> Khaled Fattal

Btw...
Not even the majority of the world celebrates "Christmas", but everyone will
- at Gods will - have a new year; sometimes in the future.
This only goes to show that we *are* not alike in customs or culture or the way
we understand the the word "Democracy".

Regards
Per Koelle
Adm. direktør