Re: [ga] The big picture. Democracy, transparancy legitamcy, the mandatory fundementals.

Per and all former GA members,

Per Koelle wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 Ibelimited1@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Dear Joop and fellow members
> >
> > You are both right and joop addressed the issues I wanted to raise in getting
> > people to see and start thinking about.
> >
> > Democracy, transparency and legitimacy are all fundamental requirements to
> > any successful engagement whether it is adopting a technical a standard, an
> [SNIP]
> >
> [SNAP]
> > Again, Democracy, transparency and legitimacy are the mandatory fundamentals.
> > let us all start demanding them.
>
> Well.........
> The winner (of a war) makes the laws AND the history, and thereby (at least for
> a certain time) has the legitimacy.

  First thing is that the war is not over...  It has only changed venues and
some tactics.  Second, not all winners of wars, regardless of types,
end up making all the rules or even any of them...  Some historical
examples are, India's war for independence, The war of the roses,
the Korean war/conflict, the Vietnam War, The 100 yrs war,
the Russian-Japan war, and the US Civil war are just a few.

> Dont forget that the word "Democracy" has a different meaning around the world,
> even inside a geografic area like a country.

  Indeed this is quite true.  Some meanings are accurate others are not...

> So please...
> Let us *not* start discussions (on the list) on matters that are completely out
> of our range.
> Save them for your domistic arena.

  Good idea.  So why did you than decide to respond???

> > Warmest regards, and merry christmas and happy new year to all
> >
> > Khaled Fattal
> >
> Btw...
> Not even the majority of the world celebrates "Christmas", but everyone will
> - at Gods will - have a new year; sometimes in the future.

  Also very true.  But also in every present country Christmas is celebrated...

> This only goes to show that we *are* not alike in customs or culture or the way
> we understand the the word "Democracy".

  Yet the basic democratic principals still remain.  Transparency,
openness, and that all men are equal...

> Regards
> Per Koelle
> Adm. direktør
> DK Hostmaster A/S
> e-mail: pk@dk-hostmaster.dk
> tlf: +45 77 30 06 70
> fax: +45 77 30 06 79

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801