Re: [ga] ITU Resolution 102 -- four years later

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 11:38:47AM +0000,
 Roberto Gaetano <ploki_xyz@hotmail.com> wrote
 a message of 79 lines which said:

> If this is the way to go, it might well be that one or more functions be
> delegated to the ITU. For instance, the assignment of IP addresses, that
> seems similar to the management of the frequency spectrum or the telephone
> system, and seems to be perfectly adequate for an International Treaty
> Organization.

And will they do better than, say, the current RIRs? In what way? Will
they "take", at least, some of the many unused IP addresses from the
North to give them to the South?

I'm not interested in which bureaucracy will manage the Internet. I'm
interested in the actual policy they will follow.