Re: [ga] Interesting WIPO ruling re: NewZealand.biz

At 3:57 PM -0700 10/11/02, kent@songbird.com wrote:

>Sorry, that is irrelevant, and worse, misleading.  It says "...that
>didn't fit anywhere else", and .com is specifically for commercial
>entities.  Since all commercial entities "fit" in .com, it follows that
>.org is for entities that are non-commercial.

No, you don't understand the term "didn't fit".

My ficticious company "skateboards" "didn't fit" in .com because someone
else had registered skateboards.com prior. So I went for skateboards.org
instead.

That's the way's it's been. Verisign/NSI marketing will back me up on this,
I'm sure. Archives of their marketing material sure will.

And I always thought .com was supposed to be for communists. Boy! Don't I
look stupid!

I guess you're now gonna tell me that .coop isn't for chickens?

--
Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?