RE: [ga] Interesting WIPO ruling re: NewZealand.biz

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Rodrigo  Orenday Serrato wrote:

> WANNA BET!? I DID READ IT, several times over, by the way, so don't "ditto"
> me!

Alas, you read it quite carelessly.

> "   ORG - This domain is intended as the miscellaneous TLD for
>          organizations that didn't fit anywhere else.  Some non-
>          government organizations may fit here.

PLEASE NOTE THE UTTER ABSCENCE OF THE WORDS "ONLY" AND "NON-PROFIT" IN THE
ABOVE. IT ISN'T ONLY FOR NON-PROFITS.  ITS FOR "ORGANIZATIONS" -- THAT IS
A VERY BROAD TERM IN AMERICAN ENGLISH.

Sorry about the shouting, but really.

I would give a failing mark to any student that made this error.
Especially as the subject has been discussed online in myriad fora for
many years.  "Miscellaneous" is the key word here...

> > At 6:53 PM -0500 10/10/02, Rodrigo  Orenday Serrato wrote:
> > >and that the .ORG domain name is only for
> > >non-profit organizations
> >
> > Where did you get this from?
> >
> > --
> > Andrew P. Gardner
> > barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?
> > We could ask ICANN to send WIPO a clue, but do they have any to spare?
> > Get active: http://www.tldlobby.com
> > --

		Please visit http://www.icannwatch.org
                      -->It's very hot here.<--