Re: [ga] FW: Comment from the gTLD Registry Constituency

This analysis is certainly correct on one side of the coin.

But on the other side of the coin are existing international treaties.
No, there is not one I am aware of that specifically addresses these exact
points. (there is at least one pending where the issues are addressed, I believe
it is AFTA)
However almost every nation, that would care about these issues is a member of
some sort of trade agreement.
Those international trade agreements almost universally require adherences to
International Standards and practices regarding international trade, certainly
the Internet is a mechanism of that trade.
So it is clearly easy for us to pronounce sovereignty of ccTLD internets but not
really, black and white.
This is especially true for economically developing countries with less than
equal bargaining power.

Eric