RE: [ga] FW: Comment from the gTLD Registry Constituency

I apologize if this takes me over my posting limit.  I haven't kept count
and didn't take the time to check.

A root problem of this whole issue is the heavy reliance on voting to
presumably reach consensus.  It is very efficient but often does not really
produce consensus.

Ideally, the various stakeholders would work together to come up with a
position that all could support even if it is not their ideal position.  But
that kind of process is much more time consuming on everyone's part.  So
voting is an easy way around it, even if it doesn't really produce
consensus.

As long as voting is used as the predominant method, it seems reasonable
that neither registries/registrars nor users should be able to dominate the
process and thereby eliminate any need to work on acceptable compromises
that hopefully would have broader benefit than just meeting the needs of a
small group that happens to control the voting block.

Chuck