From: Elisabeth Porteneuve [mailto:Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 1:57 PM
To: DannyYounger@cs.com; Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr;
Jeff.Neuman@neustar.us; barrister@chambers.gen.nz; cgomes@verisign.com;
ga@dnso.org
Subject: RE: [ga] FW: Comment from the gTLD Registry Constituency

Jeff,

What let you think that any of the listed can apply to many
if not all ccTLD ? All are related to the local customs.

 - (1) Grace Periods are not relevant in countries
   where you can have automated bank payment for service,
   or where you cannot sell a domain name
 - I do not see why (5) Uniform Deletion Periods should be uniform.
 - (3) Escrow is a national matter, and an absolute no issue
   for global policy (besides that it is better to have a backup
   when you run a registry)
 - (4) Dispute Resolution Policies depends on the naming charter,
   and are totaly different from country to country
   the same for (2) Transfers

> Yes, for most of the other issues, we will look towards our own local
> community for input and you are correct, it is that local aspect that
makes
> .us different than a gTLD like .biz.

Absolutely. The local aspect makes the difference.
Add language and legislation, you will see how strong it is.

Best regards,
Elisabeth
--

cgomes@verisign.com,