Re: [ga] Froomkin's antitrust advice

At 06:10 p.m. 25/09/2002 -0400, Joe Sims wrote:

>I suggest that readers take Professor Froomkin's advice on antitrust with a
>very large grain of salt; it would be an understatement to say he is not an
>antitrust expert.  Any competent antitrust lawyer would tell you that
>concluding that something is an antitrust violation without a clear
>understanding of all the facts, considered in the full context of the
>environment in which the specific conduct is taking place, is essentially
>worthless.

Mr Sims,

I read the Froomkin/Lemley draft article, and without giving myself any
credit for competence in this specific area of American law, I do see
merit  for the debate here in the points that it raises and precedents that
it presents. I did not read that it was meant as "legal advice".

As for relying on competent anti-trust lawyers in this debate, do you
suggest that this Assembly rely on  *practicing* anti-trust lawyers who
have clients to please?

--Joop Teernstra LL.M. (Dutch Law)--
   initial webmaster
www.icannatlarge.com