Re: [ga] Froomkin's antitrust advice

Mark Lemley does know what he is talking about on antitrust subjects.
Unfortunately, he apparently relied on Froomkin for his ICANN knowledge,
since the factual portion of the article is just as screwed up and
distorted as other work by Froomkin.  So, unfortunately, Mark's antitrust
knowledge, as applied to those facts, is not very helpful.  But, as
Jonathan says, people can read it for themselves and form their own
opinion.  As I said in my previous note, this is mine.

Joe Sims

                    Jonathan
                    Weinberg             To:     Joe Sims <jsims@JonesDay.com>
                    <weinberg@mail.m     cc:     ga@dnso.org
                    sen.com>             Subject:     Re: [ga] Froomkin's antitrust advice

                    09/25/02 08:38
                    PM

           It is precisely because Froomkin is not himself an antitrust
expert that he co-authored his article on "ICANN and Antitrust" with Mark
Lemley, who *is* an antitrust expert.
<http://www.law.berkeley.edu/faculty/profiles/facultyProfile.php?facID=173>
I guarantee that their article is worth careful examination; list members
who read it can make up their own minds as to its merits.
<http://personal.law.miami.edu/~froomkin/articles/icann-antitrust.pdf>

Jon

Jonathan Weinberg
weinberg@msen.com