[ga] icannatlarge.com

Alejandro,

The ICANN Board called "upon the ICANN community to devote sustained energy
to the creation of At Large structures..."   The ICANN community responded by
creating icannatlarge.com which now has over 1000 registered members.

While I have never been a member of this group, I do believe that they (as
the only set of folks to proactively respond to the Board's call), have
earned the right to a seat on the ALAC.  However, your Second Interim
Implementation Report did not recommend that they be chosen as an ALAC member
-- instead the proposal that you endorsed effectively eliminates their
participation as it calls only for the five members of your Assistance Group
to form the initial ALAC while awaiting the formation of regional councils
from which ten additional members will be eventually be drawn.

In light of their commitment to the ICANN process, and in light of the
massive expenditure of human effort and energy that was required to build
this organization at the behest of the Board, would it not be eminently
appropriate for the Board to grant an ALAC seat to a representative of
icannatlarge.com?