[ga] self-organization

Does ICANN have any principles left?

It used to believe in the principle of self-organization, but now it chooses
to dictate to ccTLD managers exactly how they should construct their own
Supporting Organization.  We have a Board Committee soliciting advice from
others not even in the proposed SO on how to best impose a top-down solution
upon a community that has already demonstrated its resolve and capability to
self-organize.

The other day Alf Hansen wrote:  "As a ccTLD manager for .no I would not
accept if the DNSO started to dictate how my relations to the Norwegian
Government should be and how our internal formation of local policy was
organized."  One has to wonder if Alf, now a member of the ccNSO assistance
group, is comfortable with ICANN's meddling in the internal affairs of the
ccTLDs.  One also has to wonder why others such as Phil Sheppard, the former
Chair of the DNSO Council, would willingly agree to stick his nose into the
business of another SO, instead of respecting the right of the ccTLD Adcom to
pursue its own legitimate plans without interference.