[ga] RE: self-organization

Danny and all,

Since my name was mentioned:

I think it would have been better if the ccTLDs themselves had been
asked to select their own representatives in the ERC Assistance Group,
but they were not asked.

Instead ICANN selcted the participants. In this context

- I represent only myself.
- I am only giving advise to ERC.
- The ERC may choose to listen to the advises or not.
- If they decide not to listen to the Assisteance Group, they have to
make
  visible to everyone why.
- Since I and the other participants represent only ourselves in our
  personal capacity (not the views of the ccTTLDs or other groups),
  I do not see that this exercise is particulary useful. To pick a
  few number of individuals to give serious advises influencing a large
  numer of groups in the Internet, shows in my view very well that this
is
  not a bottom up process.

  But since I believe in communication rather than boycott, I have
offered
  to participate.
- In any case I and the other participants will not dictate anything.
  We will give the ERC some advices. The ERC make the choises.

Best regards,
Alf H