RE: [ga] YesNIC hoarding joesworld.com

This is covered under 1.7 of the RAA...

1.7 "Registered Name" refers to a domain name within the domain of a TLD
that is the subject of an appendix to this Agreement, whether consisting
of two or more (e.g., john.smith.name) levels, about which a TLD
Registry Operator (or an affiliate engaged in providing Registry
Services) maintains data in a Registry Database, arranges for such
maintenance, or derives revenue from such maintenance. A name in a
Registry Database may be a Registered Name even though it does not
appear in a zone file (e.g., a registered but inactive name).

In this case, the whois appears to be inaccurate at the registrar ("No
match for "joesworld.com") - unless we assume that the registry whois is
wonky...

   Domain Name: JOESWORLD.COM
   Registrar: YESNIC CO. LTD.
   Whois Server: whois.yesnic.com
   Referral URL: http://www.yesnic.com
   Name Server: No nameserver
   Updated Date: 16-apr-2002

Given the email below, I'd be inclined to believe that the problem
exists at the registrar level and they need to update their whois data
to make sure that it is accurate.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog

Please review our ICANN Reform Proposal:
http://www.byte.org/heathrow