Re: [ga] YesNIC hoarding joesworld.com

----- Original Message -----

> This is covered under 1.7 of the RAA...
>
> [...]
> Registry Database may be a Registered Name even though it does not
> appear in a zone file (e.g., a registered but inactive name).
>
> In this case, the whois appears to be inaccurate at the registrar ("No
> match for "joesworld.com") -

But that's the beauty of the game, Ross.  Note that a domain name under Sect.
1.7 of the RAA may be "registered but inactive".  Further note that the
obligation to provide whois data applies only to "active" registered domain
names.

Section 3.3.1:

3.3.1 At its expense, Registrar shall provide an interactive web page and a
port 43 Whois service providing free public query-based access to up-to-date
(i.e., updated at least daily) data concerning all active Registered Names
sponsored by Registrar for each TLD in which it is accredited.

Don't you see?  There is NOTHING wrong with what YesNIC is doing here.  As
long as the domain name is not an "active Registered Name", then they are
under no obligation to provide WHOIS data of any kind at all.

Section 1.7 says that you can have inactive registered names, and Section
3.3.1 says that you have to provide whois data for "active" registered names.
You can have as many inactive registered names with no whois data as you
would like.

If I'm missing something, then point to a specific term of the RAA that
YesNIC is violating.