Re: [ga] Where are all the reports?

Vittorio and all assembly members,

  We as stakeholders/users have a right under the White Paper and the
MoU.  Not to mention that this battle has already been fought
and won in '98 buy those same stakeholders/users then.

  Hence Vittorio I fail to see where you seem to get your repeating
nonsense...

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:32:45 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >Vittorio, Thank you for your prompt response,
> >
> >Are writing this:  Yes, Kristy, we have flushed the entire At Large
> >Membership after spending (hundreds?) (thousands?) (millions?) developing it.
>
> Well - not we. ICANN has. It has done so in Accra, as last of a long series
> of actions. Of course one would still hope that the year 2000 membership
> rolls would be made available for the new ALAC-based efforts, but honestly I
> don't think we can count on it.
>
> >I just want to understand whether or not I need to look into a new org or
> >not now; however, if none of the orgs are voting for good representation, I
> >am sure it is not worth the time to motivate folks again now that their
> >efforts have been trashed by ICANN.
>
> Yes, this is definitely an issue. How many Internet users will bother to
> register in the process, if they feel their voice won't count much in the
> end? As icannatlarge.com, we have to give them a good reason - which, I
> think, is that they have to join first of all to defend their right to
> participate. In the next months and years we'll have to lead the struggle to
> get more power and more recognition for the users. This won't just mean
> getting seats in ICANN's Board - this will mostly mean lobbying in different
> places and producing good policy propositions that can gain respect and
> support among all the Internet communities.
>
> In other words, in the last two years the At Large movement has been almost
> completely defeated in getting power. But at least we have to try to get
> credibility. Very often, power comes with credibility, and the informal
> power you get this way is worth much more than the formal power you might
> get from holding any number of seats in the Board (unless they are more than
> 50%). Take as an example the last two years... yes, we had five full-powered
> At Large Directors over 19 Board members... but did this save our cause?
> --
> vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
> --------> http://bertola.eu.org/ - Archivio FAQ e molto altro... <--------

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801