[ga] Re: Violations of the Bylaws?

Danny,

I believe the board is operating within the ICANN Bylaws. If you think
otherwise, then you are free to submit a reconsideration request outlining
the specifics that you believe constitute a deviation from them.

Vint

At 12:08 PM 8/24/2002 -0400, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
>Dear Vint,
>
>Before I proceed to file a reconsideration request, I would appreciate an
>answer to the following questions:
>
>1.  Our bylaws state:  "The Board shall post on the Web Site (i) periodically
>a calendar of scheduled meetings for the upcoming year, and (ii) in advance
>of each Board meeting, a notice of the fact and time that such meeting will
>be held and, to the extent known, an agenda for the meeting. If reasonably
>practicable, the Board shall post notices of special meetings of the Board at
>least fourteen (14) days prior to the meetings."  The notice of the special
>meeting of the Board was not posted 14 days in advance of such meeting -- Why?
>
>2.  Our bylaws state:  "If the Board declines to accept any recommendation of
>a Supporting Organization, it shall return the recommendation to the
>Supporting Organization for further consideration, along with a statement of
>the reasons it declines to accept the recommendation.  If, after reasonable
>efforts, the Board does not receive a recommendation from the Supporting
>Organization that it finds meets the standards of Section 2(e) of this
>Article VI or, after attempting to mediate any disputes or disagreements
>between Supporting Organizations, receives conflicting recommendations from
>Supporting Organizations, and the Board finds there is a justification for
>prompt action, the Board may initiate, amend or modify and then approve a
>specific policy recommendation."   With respect to WLS, the Board declined to
>accept the recommendation of the DNSO yet failed to return the recommendation
>to the DNSO for further consideration -- Why?
>
>I do not seek to challenge the Board's decision with regard to WLS, only the
>Board's conduct with respect to the Bylaws.  Can you offer a rational
>justification for the Board's violation of these bylaws?

Vint Cerf
SVP Architecture & Technology
WorldCom
22001 Loudoun County Parkway, F2-4115