Re: [ga] Re: "ICANN's purpose is to serve the public interest." ??

Don and all assembly members,

Don Brown wrote:

> All you guys are .25 cent on-line lawyers. Spare us, please. Karl has
> the extra 4 yrs of college and admittance to the bar, to decide what
> is most topical and appropriate.

  You have already been spared!  >;) Some of us including myself, and
I know Jim have more than just 4 year degrees as if that is really
relevant, which it isn't...

> It doesn't take an additional four year of college to determine that
> ICANN might just suck.  Excuse my french . . .  The truth will set you
> free . . .

  Now you've go it Don!  ...  >;)  I am no longer wondering as I had been
when we would be getting some truth out of the ICANN BOD, staff and
other few fellow travelers...  I know that we shall not... Karl's court
case victory proved that if nothing else...

> Thanks,
>
> Friday, August 16, 2002, 8:03:48 PM, Jim Fleming <JimFleming@ameritech.net> wrote:
> JF> Can you point to the positive, pro-active, actions that Karl has taken since elected to the Board ?
>
> JF> Has Karl prepared a proposed budget for next year ?
>
> JF> When was the last time Karl was in the ICANN offices and reviewed the employee time records ?
>
> JF> Despite a Directors disagreements with an organization, they still have to bear full responsibility for
> JF> their actions from the day they become a Director to the day they are no longer a Director.
>
> JF> It appears as though ICANN will clean house and get new Directors and new Staff. In order to
> JF> attract quality Directors and Staff, revenues have to be arranged to support payment of quality people.
> JF> It makes no sense to have Directors who are never in the ICANN offices. It makes no sense to
> JF> have Staff who do not report to work, or report on their progress. The Directors have (or had)
> JF> a fiduciary responsibility to make it all happen...has that happened ?
>
> JF> Jim Fleming
> JF> 2002:[IPv4]:000X:03DB:...IPv8 is closer than you think...
> JF> http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
> JF> http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt

Jeffrey A. Williams