Re: [ga] RE: "The reform committee continues to refine its proposals..." [resend]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Brown" <donbrown_l@inetconcepts.net>

> The original concept was that ICANN was to be a bottoms-up, grass roots
> driven organization.  We have not seen that, yet.

That was the ICANN that the U.S. Government and the incumbent Registries "sold" to the TLD
developers with the promise that "in a few months, 5 or 6 of the obvious TLDs would be added
to the legacy roots...". The TLD developers at the time (.BIZ, .WEB, .NEWS, .INC, etc.) believed
the people speaking from the White House. They were duped into thinking that Jon Postel would
make that happen, in a few months. He was then removed. Some claim he died. Then, the world
changed, the military industrial complex went into action. All the promises went out the window.
The CIA then planted people in the process. The incumbent Registries continued to grow. It is
all a matter of the "public record". In summary, the "spooks" made a mess of it. That is how they
control things. They disrupt, distract, and derail. They have unlimited people and funds to do that.

You now will get a new ICANN, which is revenue driven. With the Enron and Worldcom situations,
the world will be doing the accounting with a very sharp pencil. It all begins with how and why these
people and companies were able to obtain these allocations and why some pay each year for them
and why some do not.
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space

You also have the revenue from SLD sales in all the TLDs. At $1 per domain per year, there should
be enough money to pay the salary of the person tasked with sending the bill, as well as the Board
and Staff to manage that person. That is not rocket science. You can bet that every Senator and
Capital Hill staffer is lining up to get their own TLD, once they get past the 2-year waiting period
now that Clinton is gone. When they were in office, they clearly did not want people to prosper,
while they toiled at government jobs. They are now out of that 2 year window and ready to move into
the "new ICANN".

Jim Fleming
2002:[IPv4]:000X:03DB:...IPv8 is closer than you think...
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt