RE: Jeff Williams FAQ was Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [ga] HMS...

>On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Joanna Lane wrote:
>
> > These photos prove
> > nothing beyond the fact that several prominent members
> > of the GA and DNSO Constituencies are taking pleasure
> > in invading a person's privacy

It is Jeff Williams himself who chooses to publish and
widely disseminate a .sig which gives his address and
telephone number. I am all for privacy, advocating a
private WHOIS for example, but pointing out that his
self-published address and telephone number aren't to
be believed is hardly an invasion of privacy.

>Remind me not to trust any of you.

Consider yourself reminded.

At 02:58 AM 06/08/02 -0400, Joe Baptista wrote:

>and let us not forget that all we really know about
>jeff is that he is reported extensively in the press
>- on issues dns.  obviously the man is a
>recognized expert.

Exactly. He calls into question the credibility of
anyone associating with him, even if they don't
wish that association.

>jeff is in my opinion a dns cultural icon.  who
>incidentally gives great stock tips in dns companies.

Let me guess, short WorldCom right?

> > Jeff's one vote in the At Large or GA would
> > never result in the kind of damage that history
> > will hold Mike Roberts, Esther Dyson and Stuart
> > Lynn responsible for,

Jeff Williams damages the credibility of the at-large.
He can be, and no doubt is, pointed to as what one gets
when one opens ICANN to anyone with an email address.
An inveterate liar who gives false contact information.

> > and neither, I imagine, has he
> > ever been in a position to squander the pensions of thousands of employees
> > like several other Corporate executives I could mention.

Who knows? Perhaps he manages an INEGroup pension fund.
He seems to have time to do just about everything else:
http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0207/msg00457.html

The at-large icon is a net.kook. Cui bono? -g