Re: Jeff Williams FAQ was Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [ga] HMS...

Of course it could be claimed that I need to get a life, but I have found the attacks most interesting.
In my notes of over a year ago I find that I called upon Jefsey, Sotiris, Roeland and Jeff Williams to participate in a teleconference to gain advice from them as to how best run a ccTLD for a developing country's benefit.
Well their advice along with that of my passed friend Peter is being implemented to this day and Jeff was and is sure a real person.
I do not like everything he says and does but I respect his labour of hard work over the issues involved in our Internet.
I may even engage in it from time to time but, I do recognize that attacks on individuals rather than Ideas are a reflection of our own frustration in our failures.  I note that the attackers for what ever reason all have a bitterness in all of their posts, I ain't saying it is good or bad but it is there.
Eric

Joe Baptista wrote:

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Joanna Lane wrote:

> Ross,
> I don't see any photo of Jeff standing in a dirt farm, neither a road sign
> stating "East Kirkwood Blvd.", nor a house numbered 5. These photos prove
> nothing beyond the fact that several prominent members of the GA and DNSO
> Constituencies are taking pleasure in invading a person's privacy and
> ridiculing a person's character, which are not endearing qualities in any
> person. Remind me not to trust any of you.

what really surprises me is this phenomena called jeff williams.  i take
my hat off to jeff.  i consider jeff a friend and an inspiration.  i find
all this muck rakeing over jeff fascinating.  imagine prominent members of
the GA and DNSO planning meetings around pilgramages to the mailing
address of jeff williams ... or silo ... or whatever.

and let us not forget that all we really know about jeff is that he is
reported extensively in the press - on issues dns.  obviously the man is a
recognized expert.  i've addressed this to the press involved and did not
get much in the way of objection.

jeff is in my opinion a dns cultural icon.  who incidentally gives great
stock tips in dns companies.  i've followed some of his recomendations and
he spot on with respect to the picks.

so my hat off to jeff ... a cultural icon of a different colour.  yes?

> For all his lack of integrity, Jeff's character flaws pale into
> insignificance when measured against ICANN Staff, who have been lying
> through their teeth consistently for years while they take the public to the
> cleaners, so let's face it, Jeff's one vote in the At Large or GA would
> never result in the kind of damage that history will hold Mike Roberts,
> Esther Dyson and Stuart Lynn responsible for, and neither, I imagine, has he
> ever been in a position to squander the pensions of thousands of employees
> like several other Corporate executives I could mention.

agreed ... ;)

> So in the overall scheme of things, this is all rather silly.

this happens every so often.  for the longest time william walsh claimed i
was not real ... then some idiot civil servant at the itu claimed i was an
undercover agent for nsi.

it's par for the course.

regards
joe baptista