Re: [ga] Redemption Grace Periods for Deleted Names

At 10:41 PM 30/07/02 -0700, William X Walsh wrote:

>I truly believe this to be a very faulty assumption.
>
>This assumes that the registrant would blame the
>registrar for the registrant's failure to properly
>renew their domain name.  That is rarely ever the case.

Even if you're saying that it was the registrant's
fault *and* the registrant knows it was their fault,
some of them will blame the registrar. Anyone who
has ever dealt with customers knows that. If it was
the registrant's fault *and* they don't know it was
their fault, then even more of them would blame the
registrar. If it was the registrar's fault, then
of course even more registrants would blame the
registrar. I don't think these are faulty assumptions.

Nor is it likely rare, though I don't have any more
access to all the data than you do, so I won't make
such a definitive statement. -g