Re: [ga] ICANN Meetups

Kristy and all assembly members,

Kristy McKee wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> I think enough people have "forgotten" about ICANN or are no longer willing
> to "waste their time" on this venture for ICANN to permit participation at
> this small level, especially now that the At-large has no
> vote/power/representation.

  Unfortunately I believe you are by in large, quite correct here.  :(

> I hope every day for Karl Auerbach's success wrangling this problem and
> that our current representatives can not be removed from the board under
> any circumstance other than an election of the same magnitude by which they
> were elected and with the same powers and privileges afforded to them.

  I agree.  It is very evident that many other stakeholders also
agree with you here as well.  It is none the less important that
DOC/NTIA get this message as well as our congressional
representatives.  Corp. misconduct/fraud is as you and I know,
is not restricted to publicly held companies.  What's also
important in that one of the ICANN BOD members, Vint
Cerf is and has been a corp. officer and BOD members of
Worldcom, and also COB with ICANN.  I personally find
that a bit disconcerting if not outright appalling at this
juncture.